
What a lucky girl I am on my 32nd birthday. I got my first birthday card yesterday from my sweet, wonderful, kind, been-through-a-lot-with-me friend, Emily from Graduate school. She and I are 6 months apart- so we share half birthdays and that makes it a lot easier to remember, for certain. She told me "you have had a good year and I hope this one is even better." It really got me to thinking how right she is. My life has been absolute crazy turmoil for a while and now- despite some craziness- I am really feeling blessed.
I have an amazing husband who truly loves me and will do anything for me, a daughter who mostly likes me and does not complain when I ask her to pick up everything I drop, and I have a firm testimony of Jesus Christ. If that were all, I would be the luckiest girl in the world... but I have so much more.
I have a fairly good attitude- in fact, the only time I complain really, is on here, my journal/blog. In fact, most people would not recognize a complaining Crystal (though my frequent-readers might not recognize the "real" me! HAH)
I have an extremely and amazingly rewarding job. I love my students, I love the subject matter, and I LOVE that I get to shape future life-decisions of the next adult generation.
I am able to accomplish much if I set my mind to it. I am so grateful for this! And I do not get stressed by having lots going on at work (I do stress about child care, but my children are precious and I want them loved).
I am pregnant with a baby who cracks me up already with his flailing movements that are clearly visible from outside my shirt and who snuggles in for a nap when daddy comes home. He is truly going to be such a joy to everyone when he is born.
My cats (despite destroying my material possessions) love me.
My friends are the best in the world.
My brothers are safe, as are Matt's parents and siblings.
My mom and I talk affectionately daily.
I live in PARADISE. I am so lucky there.
I am going to be able to start breathing about bills soon, soon, soon... yay for employment and tithing.
There are so many more, but I do not want to sound trite.
What I do want you all to know is I am happy to be alive, well, living the best way I can (for the most part) and that I have a husband, daughter and family for all eternity. How lucky is that?!





6 comments:
What a great birthday post for yourself! You are right, you are so blessed....we all are. Thanks for being such a great example to others, I know I could stand to be more like you and publicly share my blessings more often than I do! Thanks for a wonderful post, Crystal and Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday, Crystal! You are an amazing woman, and I hope you have an amazing...or at least stress-free birthday! I'm very grateful you and Matt found each other. I know he's a better person because of you. And...I'm very grateful that you and Valerie are part of the Croshaw family now. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you soon! Love you!
Happy birthday! We are glad you were born!
Hey Crystal!
About the coupons.....they are from Sunday's paper. We don't get the paper, but I have a couple of friends at work that save the coupons for me from the paper:) So, instead of buying the paper, maybe you can just put the word out that you are wanting to get into coupon shopping and see if anyone can give you their paper:) Good Luck!!
crystal, thanks for reminding me of all my blessings too. you are really an amazing woman.
I had a good, but very unconventional birthday, with Matt's fun hours. I basically got Valerie out of the house when she woke up because she has been pretty noisy lately and Matt has only been getting a couple hours, at most, of sleep... So we went to Charlottesville. We did not do much there, but I got really sick- heart racing, headache, etc... We met Matt in Harrisonburg on the way back for ice cream. I felt so icky, I did not even have any. He and Valerie got a frog cake for me and after their gorgeous rendition of "Happy Birthday" I ate a little frosting-free piece and went to bed and Matt went to work. That was pretty much my birthday. Funny eh?
Post a Comment